The Secrets To Marriage Success
I do! That was not difficult to say at all. Saying “I do” was that easy for many married couples. There is no doubt that falling in love and getting married is the easy part of marriage. Living happily ever after is the part that takes a whole lot of work. And that is what marriage success is about.
So what is the secret to living happily ever after, to making a marriage successful?
Here are some words of wisdom which can make your marriage blissful, and stand the test of time:
- Trust your spouse and be trustworthy. Trust is the glue of marriage.
- Say “I love you” often and tell your partner they look attractive. Never stop doing this for any reason.
- Make each other laugh, and try not to take everything too seriously.
- Be spontaneous. Try to change things up every once in a while to spice up your marriage.
- Don’t take each other for granted; always remember what you fell in love with in your spouse.
- Fight fruitfully, making sure tough times lead to improvement. If you keep making the same mistakes, reevaluate why.
- Share everything with each other. Most importantly, everything you are feeling. There is no way to be on common ground if you don’t communicate how you are feeling.
- Communication is key. Avoid giving the silent treatment. Talk about things that bother you as soon as possible; if you let your emotions build up, you will likely explode
- Put yourself in your spouse’s shoes before judging them. You should avoid unnecessary criticism or negativity as much as possible.
- Affection breeds more affection. Intimacy and physical affection will help keep you connected. Touch and kiss each other often, and have plenty of sex. It’s easy to get out of the habit, and this can make you feel distant.
- Be very generous with your time and money. Spend quality times alone with your spouse, take financial responsibility
- Look at the big picture and let the little things go. Remember you are in it for the long distance. Your marriage is much, much bigger than any one minor incident.
- Don’t get defensive, and don’t assume you are being attacked. Try to come at things from a place of love and kindness.
- Tell your spouse what you need. As much as you may want them to, they can’t read minds.
- Try to let go of hurts easily, and try also not to dwell on things that annoy you.
- Be happy yourself. Don’t rely on your spouse to fix you when you are sad, you have to fix yourself.
- Don’t be afraid to compromise, it’s not a weakness.
- Surprise each other like you used to do when courting with special text messages, small gifts and romantic dates. It lets your partner know you are still in love with them, and it makes you feel the love too.
- Show appreciation when your spouse does something special for you. They may know that you think all those positive things, but it is nice to hear them out loud.
- Be nice and always treat your spouse with kindness.
- Be patient and understanding. You need to give and take to make your marriage last.
- Build your partner up and support them to be what they can or want to be.
- Celebrate together when good things happen, and be expressive about it.
- Find new hobbies to do together from time to time. This helps keep the excitement going, and sustain your bond.
- Children can be stressful, but they shouldn’t be a reason for distance and lack of romance and excitement in your marriage.
- Marriage can have rough times, whatever bad thing happens, remember that it will pass. Walk through it together.
- Enjoy the NOW; enjoy every moment. Whatever phase you are in, embrace it and enjoy it.